Saturday, January 27, 2007

real men watch HGTV

That's right, my new favorite channel is the Home and Garden Television Channel (www.HGTV.com). And I'm not afraid to admit it. It's so awesome to see all the cool things you can do in your big home or little tiny apartment, for lots of money and for little tiny bits of money. Someday I hope to own my own home and when I do it's gonna look pretty awesome. But until then I gotta stock up on ideas, and what better way to do that than on television. It's free education (except for those who pay to get cable on which HGTV exists; by some fluke my apartment gets it for free), and if I'm gonna sit on my butt and watch TV I might as well get educated at the same time. It also helps me in my job as a house painter/handyman because if a client asks some interior design question, I may now have a 5% chance of making a real-life comment that makes sense. So far my favorite show is Look What I Did, where they show what people did themselves in their home. Some of it's pretty crazy and you need to be a master carpenter or skilled craftsman to do it, but a lot of it most anyone can do, and someday I want to do something awesome too. Another good show is Design on a Dime, where you see how much you can do to a room with a limited budget. Last night my roomate Jeremiah and I watched 24 Hour Design, where they redesign an entire room in 24 hours. In this particular episode the designers reworked these two girls' living room by painting the walls, building cool shelf thing, getting new furniture and rearanging everything. I didn't really with the colors and things, but I liked the shelf they built and maybe someday i'll get to build a cool shelf myself. So yeah, that is my new current obsesion, and if you get HGTV, check it out, and if you don't like it, well, that's okay, I will still like you and HGTV. The end.

2 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jemma Coleman said...

i love hgtv. it's a good thing i don't get that channel because i would totally watch it all the time.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home