Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Graduation!

About three weeks ago Sara and I traveled down to Blacksburg, Virginia for my brother Tim's graduation from Virginia Tech. It was nice to see my family and Sara's family since they live in that area. It was nice to spend some time in Blacksburg, where both Sara and I went for undergrad. A lot of things have changed, but it was still good ol' Blacksburg. It's always interesting going back to the town I spent four years in for college, because I'm reminded of a lot of things that were painful or awkward or sad. I'm also a different person now than I was back then, so it's sometimes weird seeing people who knew me a certain way. But now that four years have passed since I graduated from Virginia Tech I've come to more of an acceptance of who I've become and it doesn't bother me as much confronting those feelings from the past. For the first time since I graduated I was able to just enjoy Blacksburg for what is, a cool little college town in Southwest Virginia, and wasn't worried about facing past demons. It was a good trip and I'm proud of my little brother and wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors. Hopefully we'll still be friends.


Sister Hannah dancing after the ceremony

Kind of boring ceremony

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home